Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 31

Its amazing what you remember at times. For some reason a flash of light or sound or smell will call forth a memory.

Maybe it is all the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" books I have been reading, but that's the kind I would like to do, but from the time I was at Kemper. I think Hank would have a good section in there; as I said, we weren't the nicest at time. But you know, that's ok. Why? Because as I look back at it, it was like a family. As I have always said, we were family. In other words, WE, in his company could pick on our own, but NO ONE outside could. And no one could mess with one cadet from the outside without messing with us all. We went beyond friendship. We were family.

And like the stories in those books, I saw kids that were basically abandoned there. And then we took them in and it was ok. We became the family. I will give examples at another time.

Here are a few quotes I found;

"A true man does not need to romance a different girl every night; a true man romances the same girl for the rest of her life." -Ana Alas.


“Physical chemistry generates desire. Emotional chemistry generates affection. Mental chemistry creates interest. Spiritual chemistry creates love. A soul mate has all four.”


“Seduction begins in the mind. Romance stems from the soul. Lust, from every confine of our mortal coil. Only Love has no creation...it has always been. It asks only to be found.”

No comments:

Post a Comment