Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day 32 - Super Bowl Sunday

Well the Super Bowl is here. Honestly, I am excited about it as I am pulling a splinter from my toe. Now that's not exactly true, I am looking forward to seeing the commercials they will have on. But I will watch them online, at another time. I have other things I could be doing. Neither team is one that I root for, so I don't care. For those that do, I hope its a good game for you.

Again, let me say how much I love satellite radio/Internet radio. I have been listening to the Nostalgia station. Specifically the '70s! Love it. They play songs that I had forgotten, and even theme from the TV shows that were on. And they have been playing stuff from the Captain and Tonelle show. Its a shame that variety shows have gone away and we are left with 'reality' shows on prime time. Thank goodness for satellite/cable. Just like education these days; if you want something good, you have to pay for it.

But getting back to those old songs. One that I loved, I had the 45 of it (that's a small record for those who don't know) and wish I could find it to down load it. The song is: Do You Want To Make Love; Or Do you Just Want To Fool Around. Its a cross between a nice love song and a great opening lines to pick up chicks (see how easy it is to fall into the 70's vernacular?) Songs like: Heaven on the 7th Floor and Did You Boogie With Your Baby In The Back Row of the Movie Show. Or groups like Manhattan Transfer.
Music now a days... groups and singles, coming from American Idol. I have never watched A.I., I doubt I ever will. I gave up contestant shows like that, when I was watching a Miss America pageant and realized they will never pick the one I like, so why watch.

Now don't get me wrong, I am behind anyone going for their dreams. I do question some of the music these days. Rap being the biggest.

So I will just stick to these stations, my mp3 player. There are a few modern songs that I have heard or seen the music video to I like, so I am not a completely shut door. But like Morris the Cat (remember THOSE commercials) in this case, I am very picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment