Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 36 - Slow Dawn

Believe it or not, I wrote this next piece with no one in mind. It was something inside me that had to come out. Most writers know that, when there is something they have to write; well, this is one of mine.


You woke me at 2 a.m.
Like a ship riding easy at a dock, you nudged me awake.
And though alone, you were everywhere;
I'm sure I woke calling your name.
I breathed you in, I breathed you out.
I felt you watching me through the night,
and your image was burned into me.
Long dormant feelings awoke and I knew;
you had touched my soul and stolen my heart.
The more I tried not to think about you
the more you were there
filling up the room.
I can remember every touch,
like being in the sun;
your fingers - hot on my skin.
I see you so clear before me;
like a beautiful ghost, watching.
I hear your voice whisper in my ear
and I am enthralled.
The more I tell my heart to slow down
the faster it speeds up.
The more I try not to think about you
there you are;
filling up my head, my heart, my soul.


This was more from my own imagination I am sure. I honestly didn't write about one person, but maybe a hodge podge of different ladies. So you tell me; happy or sad? Not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment