Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 41

Even though I only have 3 'official' blog followers, I know that others either have read some of my blogs or know about them. One of my friends said that she "hasn't looked at my blog yet, but will" and a co-worker wanted me to know he found a grammatical error in my profile for this blog. Also, that I had an interesting take on Hooter's. Of course he's a sport nut, so Hooter's being a sports bar... and he's a guy. So go figure.

Anyway, its suppose to be 72 today, but then after today its suppose to rain, snow or something to that affect. And on Saturday its suppose to be in the 40s. That would be nice, as I will be doing a polar bear plunger for the local Special Olympics. I guess it is appropriate; I like the cold, have been compared to a bear at times (both physically and socially), have no problem making a fool of myself or laughing at myself and it is for a great cause. I did it last year and they did a temperature count of the water-right at 32 degrees. But there was no wind. So it wasn't bad.

It was interesting. The only thing, last year, I was by myself, and the only one from my work, so no one really to hang out with. They do make it a party there before you go in. I was in the first heat and the first name called. I am pretty sure I was the first one in also. The only problem was that as you run in, the band turns to sand. I wasn't prepared for that and went down knees first and then face in the water. I stumbled a bit more so I could go all the way under.

Coming out, they have people there holding your jackets, towels, glasses, etc. One of the local TV stations were asking how they felt and what they were going to do know. Must have been the cold, but I said loudly, "I'm going to DisneyWorld!"

My only regret was that I don't really have any costume. My thermals are black, so nothing really exciting there. Also, since this time it will be on Valentine's Day, I am sure they will get a lot of that as a theme. Who knows, I still have time. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment