Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 4, Sunday


Well, the day has ended and night is almost upon us. I love this time of day. Especially watching the jets and their contrails. There is something about them. My dad used to love watching the jets when we were on the farm. I know he was always thinking of where they were coming from and where they were headed. He instilled that in me, and I will always look and try and watch them until they are out of sight. Or look for their flashing lights.

I remember watching them when I was at Kemper. Especially at this time of the day. I can still recall the schedule of what went on when I was there; 30 years later.

Why do kids wear their baseball caps reversed? The reason you wear a cap, I thought was either, a) to use the bill to keep the sun, rain or whatever out of your face or b) to show support for whatever was on the front of the cap. The only time I reverse my cap is when I am riding my bike, and I don't want to loose to the wind. In fact, at Kemper, you would "roll" your bill to get that half moon style. I remember even using a rubber band to keep my fatigue cap from laying flat. Or wearing the cap kinda side wise. That's something else I don't understand.

Just had Hardees hamburger and I used McDonald's catchup on the fries. Wonder if the combo was significant or just convenient.

And lastly, the WoW moment: The only way you are going to advance is to travel outside your safety zone and see the world. Even though there are people out there that are different than you, does not mean they are bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment