Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 12 - Barry Manilow



Ok, laugh all you want I don't care. Barry Manilow is one of my favorite singers. And believe it or not it was an accident. Back in the day of the Columbia House music, send in a penny for 13 titles, I accidentally missed the cutoff NOT to get the selection of the month. So they sent me Barry Manilow I & II. I listened to them, and from then on, I loved his music. I could understand the words, and the topics were meaningful. And they had sound. Now a days it seems that real musicians are fading, being replaced by computers. I guess the days of the big bands are gone.

And yes, contradicting myself a bit, I loved the disco era. And I don't think disco died, it just evolved into easy listening and pop. My other favorites of the 70's were England Dan and John Ford Coley and Poco. ED & JFC I will write about at another time, as one of their songs is my all time favorite, even beating out Barry's stuff. This one is on my Funeral play list. So let me talk about Poco.

Poco is another accident. Back in my days of innocence, and some might say I never had that (boy are you wrong). At one time I was pure, but then weren't we all. And yes, this was pre-KMS. Anywho....I had heard the song, Me and You and a Dog Named Boo by Lobo. Well I thought it was by Poco. honest mistake. Four letters, two "o"s. So I got their Poco - Legend album. The album cover is great: white, with an outline of a horse with red eyes. It wasn't until much much later that I learned that Phil Hartman actually did that artwork. I fell in love with that album and Poco Legacy.

And I thought the picture describes how I have been lately. and the funny thing is that coffee seems to keep me more focused at work.

And the W.o.W thought for the day: someone once said that they were glad to see that I had other interest besides W.O.W. Which coincides with what W.O.W says, 'everything in moderation.' So everything in moderation. Of course, what may be moderation for one is not for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment