Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 18

Worlds of Fun is a theme park in Kansas City, MO. I remember when it opened and the various 'stages' it has gone through-the different rides and such.

One such ride was the "Screamroller." At the time it was one of the first roller coasters that went upside down. I can still remember how the ride went:

You went up the walk way, lots of wood, like an old mine building. Getting inside there was a 'Chicken Door.' If you wanted to chicken out you could. I remember that the line to get there one time was 45 minutes for a 90 second ride.

Once you got strapped in and the ride started you immediately starting going up this large hill. I loved it, because when you got to the top and before you headed down and to the right you could see the Kansas City skyline. And then you could see the park (the ride was at the southwest part of the park). It was great at dusk with all the lights on. Then you went down and did your two loops and that was about it. Like I said; it was about 90 seconds total.

I remember being a senior and going up there for senior nite. They also have a river boat up there. Its static, doesn't go anywhere, but there was an old time photographer and some other shops on the different decks and places to sit and relax. Anyway, I remember hooking up with some friends at the Screamroller. We had just got in line behind some girls, and I remember one of them had a shirt on that had some writing on it. I asked her what it said. She said "Kiss me I'm German." One of my friends had been talking and hadn't heard what she said and asked me what was it. I told him, "Kiss me I'm German; but not me, her!" We all laughed at that and continued to talk and get friendly as we waited. I believe her name was Debbie, she was a senior also and lived in one of the KC suburbs, Kearney. After the ride was over her and one of her girlfriends joined ma and my friend to do the rest of the rides. It was great. At the end I remember kissing her good bye and walking away amongst the lights of the trees of some small shops. My friend took it in stride; at the time he was kinda of a ladies man. But for me, it was great.

Hey, I have always been and always will be a romantic. And for me, at the time, this was a big thing.

Still reading the Chicken Soup books... and I finally figured out, that the word I have been looking for, for what has happened in my life is: humbled. Not that I was all haughty or anything before. And like I said, I would hope my friends would say I am just as nice as I was then. But then I could try and fix things with money. I still wanted to help people, but, another thing I realized that had to happen was, that I had to loose. Before I had never really lost. I don't know if things came easily to me or what. The ex- one said I hadn't lost enough yet. (Like I said, been working through a lot of what the ex- said, but I am getting to where I only have the two suitcases and a carry on for baggage.)

But I thought, that if the worst case scenario happened, I could survive. Now I know. If that makes any sense.

W.o.W. moment: Death is not the end, just another beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment