Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 11 - Out of Gas

I have few routines or luxuries I would say anymore. But the one thing I do like to try and do is go to Golden Corral for breakfast. Whooho you are saying I am sure. Well, I like it. On a Sunday morning I used to go early, but now I try to get there about 10:30 so you get breakfast and lunch. One of the initial reasons I liked to go was because of bacon. I hadn't had any for a long time, and found GC. I have also gone there for Thanksgiving. They have a nice spread, and from the amount people, a lot go there instead of cooking.

Anyway,I digress. So as I was heading there, I noticed I was on empty. I figured, well I will get some gas after I eat, as there is a station right across the street, and a friend is the manager there; I would eat, then get some gas and visit with him.

After my brunch, I went to my truck and tried to start. Nothing. Oh man. I should have gone and got gas first. So I truck it across the street. When I asked Kevin if he had a gas can I could borrow, he said no. Theirs grew feet and walked away (someone didn't bring it back). Luckily they had a small one I could buy (for $6). Got a gallon of gas, and made my way back to the blue beast. Filled it up, and before I turned the key, hoped that it was just that. It was. Whew! Went back over and got a few more gallons. I don't drive a lot, so I don't use a lot of gas. Also, prices are creeping back up, so may want to fill up now, when they aren't over $2 yet.

W.o.W. thought for the day: You never know what you may need, so keep everything, until you figure out what you can live without. Then sell or give away what you don't/won't/can't use.

No comments:

Post a Comment