Thursday, January 8, 2009

Friskey's Tail (#2)


Frisky blinked in surprise. He was a master of something? No, he was a kitten, he was no master. Little Master was, he wasn’t. “No, I’m a kitten. Little Master is a master. Maybe you should be his.”

The genie smiled. While in the ring, innocence was something he had missed. He decided he liked this new master. This boy the kitten called Little Master must be something to have this affect on an animal.

“I’m afraid that is not how it works. You rubbed the ring and released me. It is my job to grant your every wish.”

Frisky laid his head on his paws and sighed. He didn’t know what to do. He wished he was real smart like some of the humans he saw, and then he’d know what to do.

No sooner had the thought hatched in his little head, he suddenly felt strange. He was no longer thinking in kitten thoughts, but in human thoughts! He now knew that he had a source of great power that could be used for either good or evil. The choice was his. Frisky looked at the genie and shrieked, “What did you do to me?”

The genie looked puzzled, “Why, I just granted your wish. You wanted to be smarter, like humans, so I made you smarter.”

Frisky’s head spun. On one paw, er hand, he understood that he wished himself smarter. On the other, he couldn’t understand how all this was happening. And being stroked by a strange man in weird clothing wasn’t helping.

“Please put me down, I need to think.”

“As you wish,” the genie said. “But may I do something so I don’t have to bend down to talk to you, or use Feline? It is hard on one’s throat.”

“Fine, fine.” Frisky crouched and sprang off the genie’s hand as he done many time before with Little Master and landed on his four…er, two legs.”

Frisky looked down at the sand and saw two tan legs. Then a bright color of cloth, which he knew to be swimming trunks and then a tan chest. He was a man. He was human!

Shock and disbelief filled his head. “What have you done to me?”

“Why, just made it easier for us to converse. I told you I was going to do something about it.”

“Yes, but I…. oh never mind.” Just as he was bout to command the genie to turn him back to normal, he noticed his brothers, mother and Little Master.

“And what have you done to them?”

The genie looked over at the group, “Oh that. Just stopped time. Don’t worry, they are all right.” Straightening up a bit he continued, “Look, we need to talk. You are my master. You. You found the ring, you rubbed the ring. I am your genie.” He bowed, “I await your next wish my master.”

With that Frisky sat down on the sand and looked at the genie. He should’ve realized that he was a genie, what with the turban and the shows that curled up at the toes with the little bells on them, and the colorful…wait a minute. I am a kitten, not a man. I am only a few months old, not a man. So, what am I going to do? Go back to being a kitten with a genie? ‘Once you let the genie out of the bottle and all that stuff’ he thought shaking his head and digging his feet into the sand. What’s a kitten going to do; wish for an ocean of cream?

He immediately looked up at the genie, “I am not wishing for an ocean of cream.”

The genie smiled and said nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment