Saturday, January 26, 2013

Thai It, You'll Like It! - a restaurant review

I recently tried a new Thai restaurant (for me) near the Plaza in Kansas City. I found it thanks to my smart phone, so if you are looking to try something new, leave it up to today's advanced technology. The Thai Place Restaurant was what I found.

I look to see how easy a place is to find and how the parking is. Both of these, The Thai Place had. Upon entering, the decor was nice without being cheesy and looked cleaned and well staffed.  I was seated and looked around. The various customers seemed to range from businessmen in suits and ties to me in jeans and t-shirt. But for lunch it was ok. For dinner you might want to look better than wearing a Warehouse 13 t-shirt.

Trying a new place I always order something I am familiar with. After you have a good base line then you can be adventurous if you want. Their house special and something I was familiar with was the Pad Thai Shrimp. The lunch special also came with soup and 2 crab Rangoon. I hadn't even finished the small bowl when my entree arrived. It was still very hot and the Rangoon was fresh. Though perhaps a little smaller than what I was used too from a Chinese buffet, these were definitely fresh as the crust was light and fresh. They were also hot. I was very impressed. The Pad Thai was very good, flavorful. I don't know if soy sauce or sweet sour sauce are Thai condiments, and while I was used to them from a Chinese restaurant, didn't have them on the table. But honestly, I didn't miss them as the food could stand on its own, especially with it being hot and good.

The service was good and the price of what I received was very reasonable. If you get a chance, try this place.

4 forks out 4 forks

Thai Place Restaurant
4130 Pennsylvania Ave
Kansas City, MO  64111

No comments:

Post a Comment