Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Home Depot, Groupon, Denny's, not CCW Friendly

I saw a posting that says Groupon will no longer be offering any kind of discounts for gun ranges, accessories, etc. So I sent them a note on Facebook stating that I would be dropping from getting their coupons. Then I saw where a person who had a CCW permit was told to take his gun out of a Home Depot. I also responded to the Home Depot Facebook site and told them that I would not be spending any money with them.

Someone responded that they had checked with their local Home Depot and that they accepted CCWs. Maybe it was a local store thing. But I also remember when Home Depot fired one of their employees for wearing a One Nation Under God in support of his brother who was deployed.  So I will still not be spending money with them.

And a Denny's in Illinois, right across from St. Louis, asked plain clothes policemen to leave their weapons outside. These were COPS! No more Denny's for me. Of course no one ever plans to go to Denny's they just end up there. Someone needs to start businesses that allow CCW and post it. If anyone complains then they can go to Home Depot with their Groupons or eat at Denny's. The responder did make me think and I am going to start to check what local businesses and see who actually allow CCW in their businesses. Maybe we should start a directory of those businesses who do and do not allow CCW.


No comments:

Post a Comment