Friday, January 22, 2010

Yes, I am still writing...

Its just been Star Trek. But lately I have been running out of steam, and, like any story or game, I have to wait on others. So...

Lets see, we could talk about Jay and Conan. I feel bad for Jay as hes coming out people's kicking dog. People love to mis-quote especially when it feeds other peoples opinions. In any case, I do believe that Jay was the right person to helm The Tonight Show vs Dave. Dave is good and has his own comedy and fans as does Conan. But each is different and not quite was the Tonight Show was with Johnny Carson. Notice that when Carson did his show, it was 90 minutes. They cut Jay to 60. And then with his prime time.... sigh. I just think Johnny should come down and kick NBC execs in the ass.

And Jimmy Fallon, who I like; I think he starts every night with an Obama update. I love The Roots. Any band with a tuba player is OK by me. As for Jimmy Kimmel, he should just go back to the Man's Show.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you are so right, Jim. Avatar is breathtakingly stunning visually. But as hard as I tried to during the move, I just could not get away from the political grandstanding going on during it.

    I got tired of being beaten over the head with the club condeming America for what it did to Native Americans, for being warmongering savages, and for destroying the planet. Because if you look at the make-up of the cast (not the actors themselves, but the backgrounds of the characters), it was not multi-national force of mercenaries it was all a bunch of ex-USMC that seemed, in the end especially, to have lost whatever discipline and ethics they held as marines.

    James Cameron can go to some other country if he doesn't like the US for all I care... see if they let him make movies like this.

    ReplyDelete