Thursday, January 14, 2010

How I Met Your Mother, Trek and oh yeah, Haiti

I am tired of this dog and pony, bait and switch, how long can we keep dangling this carrot of his "future wife" in front of us. Granted, when we do get around to seeing her and he goes out with her, might start the beginning of the end of HIMYM, but guess what, I AM READY FOR IT! If they don't do something, they are just re-hashing old plots. The characters are now stereotyped. So GET ON WITH IT. I used to love it. As I am firmly convinced that Barney is Dan Fielding's love child. And if you don't know who Dan Fielding is, shame on you. (Night Court)

Trek. I know, I am like a bulldog who can't let it go, but it is a big deal discussion in my online Trek writing group. I was paging through a graphic novel I have called Debt of Honor. They did it write. They combed through the previous Treks and used them to do a great story. Its too bad that people who have never done any kind of Trek things in the past think they can do it better than those who have been doing better and longer than they have been alive. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

And now Haiti. It's a shame, it's terrible. Human death toll. But if someone compares this to Katrina and Busch again I am going to scream. Katrina was terrible, and yet there were a lot of people clamoring for Govt help. And they were told that the hurricane was coming. and yet the flooding in Iowa and the cold and snow and terrible things that happen in the upper north US, nothing. They didn't ask nor were they offered help. Why? No Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. Hmmmmm... Interesting huh. and I rediscovered a site on line that I had forgotten how good it was: http://www.machosauceproductions.com/
Macho Sauce! After having the resident democrat be like a typical democrat, as in debating verses just shouting down an opinion, I needed a shot of sanity. The left doesn't like facts when they don't help them. Not saying the right is any better when you get to the rabid ones. Luckily there are few and far between. I know rabid ones on the left, I work with one, and I have a dear friend who I have known for over 32 years that makes Rush look like a democrat. Luckily there are enough between the two that it balances out.

I hope Haiti can recover and who knows, maybe this will help the people bring themselves out of the poverty and terrible conditions they are in. As a person who believes in God and trusts in Him, all I can say is, it is a terrible thing, but why would God allow this to happen. God, while being the ultimate GM, rolls dice like everyone else. And sometimes they come up critical failures. The HOW WE HANDLE things is the important thing. God gave us free will. Hopefully that means that the people helping the Haiti will also help them gain a foothold in the 21st century world, market, economy, life style, etc. Not a HAND OUT but a HAND UP. The Haitians are proud people, as anyone in a small country would be. As small countries have a tendency to be beaten up by the larger ones. So lets help them out and give them the tools, AFTER the disaster relief is over to help them, so this tragedy won't happen again.

All my prayers go to the survivors and to the families of those affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment