Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Looks Can Be Deceiving & Avatar

It may look like that I haven't been writing... wrong. I have been, just on my Star Trek PBeM. One of the Achievement Awards you can get is for posting daily. And so far I have not missed a day in over 2 weeks. So, there.

The next thing is Avatar. Palmer drug me out to have lunch with him and then see Avatar. He has seen it six times now. I was less than thrilled, but as Palmer had seen it and been on discussion boards about it, I did go in with an open mind. OMG. As I left the theater, he had said they were already in the works for two more sequels. I told him that it was ok NOT to call me when he goes to see them. This has got to be one of the worst movies of all times, IN MY OPINION not in all the other movie goers, but mine.

But to be fair, it looks GREAT. Beautiful. Its should win awards for that, and technically accurate, etc. But for story.... please.

I am so tired of humans getting beat up by the natives. Yeah. It was Pocahontas, Dances With Wolves, American Samurai, Ferngulley, Dune, Star Wars and World War II all wrapped up into one. Add a book that Palmer was telling me about that had eerie similarities and that was the movie.

If I could give a negative rating to a movie I would. I will pass on this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment