Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Conan/Caprica

Ok, Conan is gone. And through this, both Jay and Conan behaved well, even if their fans and other late night TV talk show hosts didn't.

On Conan's final show, I learned two things. One: Conan is a good guy. He got choked up talking about what NBC did for him. he didn't really talk about what NBC did TO him. So kudos for that.

And two: I realize that I like Wil Ferrel in movies, and NOT on ANY talk show. OMG... I wonder if Wil can do something that isn't some character. Its like always being "on." He's being somebody he isn't when no one is asking him to do it! And those characters I don't particualrly care for. Take Rich Little. You could ask him to do an impression and then another and another. But I liked Rich when he was joking around as himself, before he would drop into an act. Ferrel, I wonder about. And then he tried to remake "Land of the Lost," one of my personal child hood favorites. Bomb.

Sigh.

Now Caprica. I have a friend that's a Battlestar Galactica hard corps fan. And there is nothing wrong with that. He explained to me the mini-series and then gave me the series on dvd. and yes, I enjoyed them, even though I still love the original. This was different enough from the original that there really is no comparison. Now, about Caprica. Its like watching Titanic. You know whats going to happen... I guess its just the how are they going to get there is the rub. BUT, I had a problem with the terrorist group. You know, the one who is preaching that there is only 1 God. Instead of all the others. Some might say that's it just a show, some may say that they are taking liberties and look at all the dead in the name of Christianity. I don't know... I just found that unsettling. But then I have only been a Christian all my life, a Mason, signed an honor code that had God first and try to be a good person. I don't put others down for what they believe in, and actually like the American Indian Shamanism, and also believe in Karma. I have friends that are wiccan and many others. I don't want to strap explosives on myself and blow them or anyone up for religion. I will fight and die for what I believe in, but not that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment