Saturday, January 9, 2010

God, Country, Home, School

I got out my alumni book last night and made some calls to Old Friends who I haven't talked with in a while. Some I hadn't talked with in months; others years...like 32years.And yet, it didn't matter. For those who never had a bond like that, you can't understand. The military does.

Just watched The Kingdom. Very good movie... too bad for ole' Kyle Chandler at the beginning of the movie. Thought Jason Bateman was gonna get it too, but he survived. And I knew, I KNEW the filmmaker was going to do that bit at the end, with the grandkid, and what he said AND as the fade out shot. Good movie, but that kinda pissed me off. Makes sense as I can see that happening, and I guess that's why I am pissed. I want movies to 'suspend disbelief.' If I want real I can watch the new or read a newspaper.

Also, never made it to church this week, BUT talked God and spiritual stuff with David Berry. I consider that my religious teaching for the week, as it wasn't on the light side, but the heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment