Saturday, February 9, 2013

Where We Are Now

With all the new sci-fi and fantasy thats out there, I just want people to remember that there were many that went before. And that it wasn't always cool to like Star Trek or science fiction. We paid the dues so those that like LOTR or Harry Potter are thought of as cool. But before the movies of LOTR there were the BOOKS! How many have read them? I remember reading them and trust me, you don't read them for pleasure. It. Is. A Rite. Of. Passage. Trust me. Any one who says difference is just a pretentious pompous asshole.  The writing is good, but difficult. Its descriptive. Its like reading Shakespeare. And to a degree they are that for us nerds, geeks, etc.

I read the Blish books of Star Trek. I remember reading Conan (Robert E. Howard) and Heinlein and Burroughs.

So while I am glad sci fi and fantasy are now more main stream, it wasn't always so. I am still proud of where I was and where we are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment