Saturday, February 16, 2013

What I miss

You know what I miss in a relationship; its not just the sex or the physical closeness, its the emotional closeness.

Someone said that can you live without love or respect. I think you can love someone and not respect them, but I don't think you can respect someone without a little bit of love.

I also miss someone knowing about yourself. Your stories. and learning about theirs. I've always said, after me their ain't no more. And that is true. I am the last of my line in so many ways. The Herring line. That line that went to Kemper.

And like the old saying about old soldiers; I will just fade away. But I know, I hope, that when that day comes I will be met by people-not even talking about family, well blood family. But my Kemper family. They mean that much too me.


No comments:

Post a Comment