Monday, February 18, 2013

Faith, belief and trust

I remember one of my last years at Kemper I had some young cadets that thought I could do anything. This one male cadet was trying to figure out how to get to see his girlfriend in Michigan I believe. He basically said that he knew that if anybody could get it done it was me. I can't tell you how much it means when someone believes in you so much like that. To have someone put their faith and trust in you. As I said in a previous post; to have the respect of someone is better at times than love. You may think you love someone and come to find out that they don't love you and/or hurt you. But when it comes to respect, the only way to loose that is by yourself doing something. The other person would only loose respect for you if you did or didn't do something. At Kemper we trusted, we believed and we had faith. Not just in God, Country, Home and and School but in each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment