Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Combining

We all remember things that happen that may or may not be traumatic or exciting or whatever. It just depends on how we view things, what the memory is tied and things of that nature. I have a memory not of Kemper (shocking some may say) but never-the-less, for some reason it has stuck with me. Good or bad.

I remember once when they were combing beans. I don't know what age I was or what friend was there but I had never ridden in the cab of the combine. My dad said my friend could ride and did. I think my dad thought I could ride any time. To my knowledge, I never did. I can see my friend in the cab of the combine and them going a few rows. I don't know why that is such a clear memory or why it affects me as it does. Some may say it's childish or selfish. I have since grown and learned humility and sharing, so no worries... but for some reason that particular memory has stuck with me. To me that is like I reached a crossroads, and it was at that point I went down another path. That's how much of significance I put on that memory. Would it have changed anything? Who knows. I just know it is a bruise on my heart that will be with me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment