Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lightning in a bottle

I was thinking of Julie. The one girl who never broke my heart, as she never knew how much I loved her; and yea, it was over 35 years ago. That's why that love is the purest to me. Its the sweetest. And its the love that never was; it was only in my heart and soul.

I remember the last time I saw her; her grandmother's wedding. To make a long story short, I was going to be prepared. I wanted it to be perfect the time we had together. I wanted the love story like on Fantasy island or the Love Boat (dam those shows). I had all my music (8-tracks of the day) I had an old guitar that I had bought from a cadet at Kemper when he needed the money. I knew a few cords (I still only know a few cords) and a blanket and God know what else all in the hatchback of my car. But, like I have always thought since that time; you can't make lightning in a bottle. It has to just happen. And I think she started to realize that I had more feelings for her than she had for me. It never even got the chance to happen and that was ok. Is ok. She was so nice, so... Julie.

Even after all that time... Things happen for a reason. And for me, in this situation it was a lesson that I have never forgotten as it was written on my heart. When I close my eyes I can see her. No matter where I am. No matter what, she will always be 16. I have always said and mean it that I hope she has had the best life, the most love and the most happiest anyone can ever be. For a brief time in the youth of my life she was the perfect love for an imperfect boy. That love will always be in the depth and breath of my heart. Something that that will never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment