Wednesday, April 28, 2010

W.W. I Museum in Kansas City

A couple of weeks ago, two of my friends and I got together in Kansas City as we usually do for a celebration of our birthdays. since they are all close together and we aren't, we pick a weekend and celebrate them then. This year we did in Leavenworth, KS where Robert and his wife live. We always have a great time, and this year we went to the WWI museum, at the Liberty Memorial in Kansas City.

I had never been. It was great. I learned a lot, saw a lot of things and the view from the top of the memorial was great. Perfect weather for it! I can not say enough about the time there. I'd go back again.

If you get the chance to go, go. Its an amazing piece of history and a great piece of Kansas City history when they built it AND redid it.

Of course going with two of my good friends was also what made it worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment