Monday, May 10, 2010

A little gaming please

I have been DMing a small game off and on for about 2 months now. So far we have had 2 sessions in 2 months. Moving a long at a snail's pace. Multitude of reasons why we can't get together more; in any case it is good in that it breaks the rust off my DMing and is helping me fine tune this adventure. I also showed them an article that I had finally found online; that I actually had the issue for at one time and made of copy of: Confessions of a Dungeon Master. When I showed it, one of my players asked, "You get it out of Dragon magazine?" No...Psychology Today, 1980. Yeah I am a little older than those I play with.

It is a very well written article. And it even spawned my favorite saying of "The dice never lie."

Maybe that's why I love tables and charts in D & D. Roll to see what you get, what happens and things like that. That's why I like the 'Iron Man' (no relation to the comic or the movie) concept of D & D. The term was coined as you rolled 3d6, OK, I relented a bit and let them roll 4d6 for their stats in order.

Translation-the difference in rolling 3 6-sided dice and rolling 4 six sided dice, in order to gain the attributes of the character they would be playing.

In any case, anything that moves us forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment