Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Two Things

This was going to be a rant about Mizzou being part of the Big Ten or whatever conference we are now in. It was a hard pill to swallow when we went from Big 8 to Big 12. But ok, it was still the same teams, same rivalries. It sucks as this seems to be all about money. Maybe its me, especially since I am jaded about things especially when it comes about things changing when it comes to money (Kemper). Anyway though, I know there are some who love it and others who will always hate it. The two big sports nuts in the office (Brian & Dan J.) I hear talking; but they are probably pragmatic about it; anything that would help them televise all the games so they could see them is probably ok with them.

Still... I have a Big 8 Flag (somewhere-packed away). I got it right after they went over to the Big 12. Now its 10. Wow. First 8, then 12, now 10.

Ok, now a bit of sad news. All you sports nuts can stop reading as you won't know who I am taking about, but you would know his art.

http://sirspamdalot.livejournal.com/68226.html

Frank Frazetta passed away. He was THE artist for a long time. I remember seeing his art on the covers to many many of my Conan books and other sci fi and fantasy books that I read. Because of him I started paying attention to who drew the pics and became friends and became fans of those who had talent with pen and ink. And I know to a person, those artists ALL tip their hats to him. In my opinion, he was to the fantasy and sci-fi art what Gygax was to role playing.

Gods speed Frank and thank you. You helped define a lot of artists and also sell copies of books. You also inspired the imaginations of everyone who ever saw a piece of your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment