Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 340 - Series on Hulu "What About Brian"

Ok, there are times when you unexpectedly get hook on, lets be honest; its a late night soap opera. The characters drew me in-as the sister from "Chuck: was on this. Right before she did Chuck. And shes playing a doctor. Also, one of the guys in "Band of Brothers." AND Hulu had the pilot and all the episodes on. I hate trying to figure things out without watching all the previous ones.

I loved the love triangle, the unrequited love the stupid and funny things. As I have seen it all, been in it and understand. Even to where the guys say they wouldn't let a woman come between them. Even after she does, and they both fight, they come back to their friendship. Which always prove that friendships last even if relationship's don't.

I also loved that the lawyer fell in love, and married the stripper. I just wish they had let it work out, EVEN after Marjorie returned.

On a different note-went to KC on Saturday and saw Robert, Anne and Jeff. A very small but fun time for the Federation Legion. Those trips to KC mean so much to me, especially during the holidays and at night. I have so many good memories of that. I remember, mom or dad pointing out the KC skyline. I didn't understand and never saw what they were talking about. As it was never explained to me that a skyline was the buildings in the distance. I don't know how long it was before I understood that.

Another thing I finally understood-I am NOT a fixer-upper. I am an old house that has had some modifications and a few needed renovations. But I don't need to be fixed. I hope any woman who might come into my sphere of influence understands that. I also hope that she is strong and defensive for me. Not that I need it. I guess its more that I want someone who would fight for me, even though I am perfectly capable of fighting my own battles.

But I honestly don't think I have to worry. I do truly believe that I am not 'entitled'. I am paying for everything I had before and for the luck in other areas now. The payment is the lack of a relationship with a woman; something I have always wanted. As much as wanting to be a soldier.

Its a shame I couldn't be happy with the 'simple' things. I used that simple to mean not what I have had, what I am, or anything about the way I am now. If I could just find more than a passing interest in sports. With a few exception concerning sports (KC Royals, Chiefs and MU Tiger football) I have less than 0 interest in sports in general. I look at the guys who are passionate about all sports as the same way I am passionate about all military history and most military movies.

"Snoopy vs the Red Baron Christmas Song" just came on. Love that song-as it shows the honor you have to an esteemed enemy. Kinda like Jackie Gleason's character in the the last Smokey & the Bandit movie, which Burt Reynolds only had the cameo at the end. Where the Bandit went on about all the things that Gleason could now do, because he had been caught. He then said, "I"ll give you a 5 minute head start." There are times when you build everything around something, and then when it comes to an end you are lost. My goodness, how many times has that happened to me in the last 27 years? Lets see: graduating Kemper. Dad dying. Selling the Cheshire Cat. getting married the 1st time. The whole fight for my birthright/farm. Divorce. My second marriage. Different jobs. Mom dying. Opening the 2nd Cat. Opening the B & B. Closing the Cat. Divorcing. Closing the B & B foreclosure. Selling the other house in Boonville. New job with the Missourian. Moving to Columbia. Then downsizing from my apartment to a room.

I don't consider being disowned by mother as I view that as: A) She was under undue influence. B) And that side of the family...well, I am a Herring. That's Dad side. The Herring Homeplace - Fairview Stockfarm. I have come to grips with that. As I recently told a pastor, I have forgiven my mother, my ex's, the neighbors, mom's family, etc. But like my favorite saying, "Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it."

Such a lead in - as this is the anniversary of the bombiong of Pearl Harbor. Lets always remember what happened and the people lost on both sides. I remember when I was in Honolulu at the Ariznoia memorila, there were some Japaense there, and possibly one of the older gentleman may have even particpated. They came to see and proabbly pay their respects. Those who never wore a uniform can't understand and I know my words won't enlighten. So let me just say; remember Devemeber 7th, the attack on Pearl Harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment