Monday, December 28, 2009

Blake's 7

I accidentally found B7 when I was in college looking for Dr. Who. I had never seen Dr Who at the time and someone told me it was on cable from a TV station out of St Louis on Saturday nite, late. So as I was flipping around the stations, I found the BBC trademark 'look,' heard the accents and figured I was watching Dr. Who. I liked what I was watching. Little did I realize it was B7.

Luckily I had a friend in St. L and she recorded all the episodes for me (she was B7 fanatic also) and when I would go to Cons I would look for merchandise. Even to the point of having buttons made with quotes from there (sorry Red Shirt Society, but the quote: I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going, was on B7 long before you got a hold of it.

And I like many B7 fans do not take what happened at the end as the final word. Just like many of us, we have our own ideas.

I can't explain what B7 was to anyone not really familiar. Needless to say it was the BBC's answer to Star Trek in the 80's. The Federation was not the good guys, and in some ways it was similar to Star Wars in that rebels were the heroes.

I loved this show. The stories, characters and lines, were well done.


"Teleport now Orac."

No comments:

Post a Comment