Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dancing With The Stars/ Saturday Night Live

Ok, I just saw where Sarah Palin's daughter is going on DWTS. Don't care. DWTS is in the same category as American Idol and Survivor. I hate reality shows. To me DWTS is one of those places where washed up stars who don't have a movie or series and have the time to do something like that. In some ways, kind of like the old Hollywood Squares, which, I DID love. But those were different times with different people.

I would stack a "B" Hollywood star from those days with ANY "A" listed star today. And I hate to say this but Saturday Night Live... OMG! I tried watching when Betty White was on. I can't gag enough to show my displeasure. Those people call themselves comedians? Funny? Loren, wipe the slate clean. Find another Belushi, Ackroyd, Chase... please. You are coming up on 35 years. I remember when SNL came out. It was bold, brash, pushed the limits. Now.. with the Internet, there ain't a whole lot that they can push that hasn't been done already. Belushi is rolling in his grave; pissed off. Him, Gilda, and Farley are wondering what the Hell happened. It was good when they were on.

Granted SNL has always been political to the left of center, but I am so GLAD Tina Fay is gone. And Balwin... OMG... when they did that skit with Palin, asking why was that women on the show, she stood against everything they stood for, blah, blah, blah... truer words. Maybe I am getting set in my ways, and you know what: thats ok. I now understand what my parents went through. Granted I am more progressive than they, but funny is funny. Real life crap like DWTS, American Idol or Survivor... UGH... thats part of my own personal Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment