Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rant Rant (107)

Just saw a pre-view for Entangled. A new Disney cartoon. A Rapunzel story. Looks good, and I like how she has control of her hair, able to resists the thief's charm and the animal side-kicks. What I didn't like was the blurb about it being more relatable to today. I want to see the movie, but I don't think a thief from a fantasy land is going to make it relatable to today? Whats going to be in it, some magic potion spill in their ocean that is killing the animals? I go to movies to get away from the today of today. Take me to someplace else.

Ok, here's something else that has been building; Disney's Enchanted from 2007. Another No Way In Hell am I seeing it. I don't want Cinderella coming to NY or falling for Patrick Dempsey. Let him stay practising medicine, far, far from me. I used to like Dempsey, but now... MY Cinderella is living with her prince charming in the original Disney Classic.

People bad mouth Wal Mart. And yet, Sam Walton's dream was to help. when you are the underdog every one likes you. Get too big... and watch it. Wal-Mart. The US. Remember the Revolutionary War? Oh, I'm sorry... that resistance movement. Now look at us. the biggest and best nation in the world (yes, I said we are the best, deal with it). Don't believe me? Then why does everyone want to come here, illegally? And then send that money home? Pro-Arizona here. I have no problems with Israel and the blockade. I am surprised at their restraint. I am glad that old woman in the White House press corps is gone. Yes, give her credit where credit is due, but her politics were evident. In the end, she still had a black heart. I can think of a country that rose to greatness, brought its people out a depression, mobilize its military and fought for what they believed in. Oh yeah, that was Germany during WW II. So "noble ideas" and causes are in the eye of the beholder.

I have my opinions, just as everyone else. Deal with that. I just don't expouse them unless I have enough of the crap I am getting from the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment