Tuesday, September 15, 2009

No No No

I haven't seen it yet, but supposedly Jeri Ryan, formerly of ST:Voyager as 7 of 9 is joining the Leverage team. I don't know if this is temporary or permanent. Temporary, ok I can see. I don't know whats going in the actress's life who plays Sophie, but hope she comes back. While I loved 7 of 9, I have seen Jery Ryan in other things and, I must say, I am not that impressed with those things. She did a great former Borg, and yes, she is attractive, BUT when she smiles she has more mouth than Julia Roberts and, while that looks good for Julie, not so much for Jeri.

I love Leverage-it blows any of Cruises "Missions" out of the water. The right combination of people. Right personalities. Right writing. Love Jim Hutton. Ever since I saw his dad in The Green Berets and Walk, Don't Run and then saw Jim in Taps and in The Nero Wolfe Mysteries, have always had a soft spot for that family. And then there is the black guy, the geek in the series. Who loves W.o.W., Trek and Star Wars and all that stuff. He's great! Then there's Parker. Love that line from the pilot:

You got Parker?
Something wrong? She's the best.
Yeah, but Parker's crazy.

And then-that's 20 pounds of crazy in a 5 pound bag.

Also there is something underlining between her and the computer geek.

Hardison, the hitter, who doesn't like guns and can tell by the way someone is standing what kind of military training they have had. And then Sophie. The best actress when she's trying to con you, and the worst one every time else.

What better team can there be? But no, no, NO Jeri Ryan.

Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment