Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 256 - I Have Moved

Well I am moved into my new room in what I have been calling The Frat House. I say this as when I first walked in, there was the big screen tv with surround sound and a beer pong table in the back.

I moved from my apartment to this room to save money. Its actually closer to work. And last weekend I finally 'bonded' with my roomies over beer pong. After I explained to them I had never played, we played a few. Got the hang of it down, but a few of the rules escape me. Reminds me of quarters from my old KA days.

Anyway, they are a nice bunch of guys. Aside from loud music at 11:30 and questionable tastes in their music, don't see a problem. I am basically using this as a place to sleep for a year so I can get back on my feet. Also, because of the move I had to sell, give away, store or throw out a lot of stuff. Bitter sweet as my old land lord said. Yea. But also necessary I think to move on. I have to get rid of the Firebase mentality anymore. That is gone, as is the farm. So now I have a mechanized infantry idea; what I can carry, along with a supply depot (storage) for now. Who knows; I may get another Firebase. If I do, and all that goes with it, I know I will appreciate it more. Had to loose to win I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment