Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 95

I had just started talking with an attractive lady online (yeah I know, how do you know what she looks like or even if she is a she) and it was just basic stuff. I mentioned that I had attended a military school and was the third generation to do so. She makes a smart comment. I defend that military school is not for everyone. She makes even a smarter-assed comment about the people who go to military schools. (And for anyone who has read my blog, knows how this is going to end). I told her that was her opinion, that I love my friends who I have had over 30 years, who helped me, and that I had to go and so long. Her last comment to me was she knew I couldn't handle her sarcasm. Hmmm, sarcasm. I know what that was, and what I was hearing from her was not really it. She didn't know me or my friends or what we went through. So no matter-looks aren't everything. I think back to the movie Shallow Hal, and that one nurse who looked like Nurse Ratchet because Jack Black was seeing what was on the inside, while on the outside she was some foxy nurse. Anyway, not to mention I don't think her profile was real either, or that it matched her age or her pics. Ehh. Just reinforces my own 'list' of what I want in The One.

Besides the normal things on that list, I have something called "The Lauras Test." I have two 'sisters,' both named Laura. One is in Missouri and another in Arkansas; I called them my sisters while I was at Kemper. They both said that from now on, anyone I was considering getting serious with had to pass their judgement. I told them, no problem. I have been married twice and divorced twice, so obviously I have no clue whats good for me. And no I am not joking. If I ever start to get serious with another lady, she will have to pass their judgement, or it will never go any farther.

Sounds harsh? Weak? Nope. My Achilles heel has always been women. Not to mention how women have done a head job on me, from my 2 ex-wives to my mother. Its amazing that I still like women, let alone want to pursue any kind of relationship with one. Well, I'm getting older, so my options are getting fewer and fewer, so I don't think I am going to 'inflict myself on some woman', as my last ex-wife said.

I have great 'sisters' who I love to death and would do anything for. Most are from the Kemper side of the family. But I do have one 'sister' who I would also include in this gauntlet. I get CARE packages from her on occasion. She sent me one for Easter. It had jellybeans, Peeps, a chocolate bunny and of course camo eggs that held dice for me. Yeah, shes a gamer. She was the only female gamer in a group of 4 guys, back in the 80's, and yeah that was amazing at the time. Her husband is a lawyer (I was best man at their wedding) and she holds a couple of degrees. I consider her one of the most smart (yeah I know my grammar) people I know. She knows me, knows the bond of Kemper that I have, and I rank her as an honorary part of that family. So I would run anyone I was considering getting serious with, pass her also. What are these tests that I am talking about? I have no clue. Would I tell the woman I am serious about, about this? I thought I just did. Am I serious about this? What do you think?

1 comment: