Monday, January 20, 2014

Awkward & Greek and Kelsey Grammer's daughters...

Started watching "Awkward" an MTV series. I didn't think I'd like as much as I do. It was a bit slow at the beginning, but glad I gave it a chance. It also has one of Kelsey Grammer's daughters in it. I find it ironic that one of the daughters was in another young comedy called "Greek" about college life and this one is about high school life and has one it. But that's not the focus of this entry. In the third season the main female character is in a Creative Writing class and the teacher is Anthony Michael Hall.

That I find funny as he used to be the student in these kind of things; Breakfast Club, 16 Candles...Guess that just shows how old I am.

Like the saying, "It was the best of times it was the worst of times..." The era of my life is so that. My hero's and favorites are people like John Wayne, Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack, John Belushi and the Not-ready-For-Prime-Time Players...Chevy Chase, Ackroyd, Pryor, Sam Kinison... Jim Croce, John Denver, Harry Chapin, Hank Jr..to have read.The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings before the movies... same with all the Trek books, before the franchise took off with TNG. The classic works of science fiction and fantasy, back when it wasn't main stream.

There will come a time in everyone young person's life when they will realize what the old folk meant about the best years of their lives. At least I hope they get that chance. And that they will still be young enough to make the memories that will sustain them through the cold parts of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment