Saturday, January 4, 2014

About Last Night the 1986 version

I watched "About Last Night" with Rob Lowe and Demi Moore. I forgot how much I enjoyed this movie and the music. Lowe and Moore looked so young. But Lowe still looks young even today. Demi doesn't look like she was in '86 but she still looks good. 

They are remaking this in 2014. Its not exactly like it was in 86, but hey, neither am I. I also am looking at this through rose colored glasses and at that time in my life, it was Eden.

Still the story is good; Moore, Lowe, Belushi and Perkins are great. Boy meets girl. They immediately fall in love. They have problems. They split up. They get back together at the end. The music, as I said is definitely of that time. Belushi is the typical woman chasing character, but lovable never-the-less. I just love the ending where she is riding off into the sunset with Lowe chasing after her.

I know, I am sucker for a happy ending, and there was definitely chemistry between the two.

I miss that time in my life. But, we all grow. I am glad I have the chance to revisit those times through music and movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment