Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 313 - More from the W.of C.



Another show that I loved was "Love American Style." ...truer than the red, white & blue...


To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and probably broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must be sure to give your heart to no one, not even an animal.

Wrap it carefully around with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket--safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken--it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, undeemable.

The only place where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbation of love is Hell. C.S. Lewis



When I have to, I'll run; when I can, I'll fight, but whatever I do, I'll not quit. It ain't because I've got more nerve than the next man, it's just that I'm not very smart. Nobody ever taught me when was the time to quit.



These in the days when heaven was falling,
the hour when earth's foundations fled,
followed the mercenary calling,
and took their wages and are dead.

Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
they stood and earth's foundation stay;
What God abandoned these defended,
and save the sum of things to pay.

Housman



You Made A Believer Out Of Me (1978)
(from the TV movie "Happily Ever After" with Suzanne Somers and Bruce Boxleitner)

Like a fairy tale come true,
I will run away with you
and as far as I can see
you've slayed all the dragons chasing me

Like a maiden in distress
you have brought me happiness
I never knew what life could be
til you came and rescued me

Like a shinning knight of old
on a horse of silver and gold
you came along and set me free
you made a believer out of me

Like a castle warm inside
you give me love where I can hide
and I'm feeling safe & sound
you have turned my life around

Like we're in a fantasy
all alone, just you and me
making love is all I'll do
a happily ever after with you

Like a shinning knight of old
on a horse of silver and gold
you came along and set me free
you made a believer out of me

1 comment: