Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 137 - Farrah Fawcett

I love Farrah. Always have since I first saw her in Logan's Run and then in Charlie's Angels. I had her posters, trading cards, books and even a Farrah Fawcett bean bag chair. I really hope that whatever she is going through is pain free; both physically and mentally. She has had some rough times, but then haven't we all. I followed anything that was written about her in the National Enquirer while growing up and had scrapbooks filled with any little thing about her.

I wished that her and Lee Majors hadn't had split up, but then that's just the romantic in me. It seemed that they were the perfect couple, but then we never know whats going to happen or the reasons people act they way they did.

Never was much for Ryan O'Neal and her. Sorry Ryan.

As I got older I still have a very big, soft spot for her. Its part of the mystique about her, her hair and just... her. The other is the time all that was going on. The 70's and 80's. Whatever name you call it, I call it the time of growing up. And I don't mean just me. It seems those were the times that things seem to really change. I am glad there was no Internet and no Twitter at the time. I wonder how much people have changed from those two seemingly innocuous inventions. Almost instant communication anywhere in the world.

Farrah has been in the news with health issues. I pray for Farrah, and hope everything will be alright. If she passes I truly know there will be an angel in Heaven. Sorry Charlie. Some people might think of George Burns or Morgan Freeman as God. I just know that if I see an angel, in my mind it will always be Farrah.

All my prayers, hopes and dreams. I wish you more than I can say. I know that there is no way she will see this. But I hope she knows that she made an impact on a generation of young men. Yeah, yeah, snicker if you will. Well those young men are now adults. And I will bet you, if they are honest with themselves, that in some dreams or a small part of them they carry with them that poster of Farrah. A love affair that each fantasized about, but of course never happened. The height of unrequited love. Some may even say first love. I just hope she knows that words can not say enough. Just know that, at least speaking for me: I will her well and her family and friends my prayers.

I had just watch the pilot for The Fall Guy with Lee Majors. I think it was right after they had divorced. And it was at the end of the pilot when Lee was pretending to be Farrah in a stunt. When it was over she called him over ans asked how he was. he said he was ok. She looked at him and said remember she knew him. They had a moment there. I don't know if was just for the show, but I look at that after 28 years and I still see that they cared for it. Or like I said, maybe it was just for the show. For me, I will take the heart felt moment. Always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment