Friday, March 27, 2009

Elizabethtown

I had forgotten how much I loved that movie. The reason is because I love Claire! I don't mean Kirsten Dunst, I mean the character she plays. I challenge any man NOT to want her. And I don't mean in her looks department. I mean her personality! It moves ahead of her like the bow wave of water in front of a ship. And her travel box with music, maps and things like that. Wow. I would something like that. You don't find too many like that. Anyone like that, I agree with Orlando Bloom's character; she deserves more than to be 'substitute people.'

But as I watched it, I flashed back to Chief. As Orlando's character flashed on his father, I did with the memories of him. Don't get me wrong. My father is never far from my mind, but these memories of Chief were something that he used to say about me; he always knew when I was playing in the band as he could hear me. And that I sounded like more than one tuba. Praise from him was worth more than rank or medals. And a lot of us worked hard for that. As I mentioned before in a previous post; the voice in my head I hear will be Chief's. As he could get me to do things, to move beyond myself. That, coupled with what my father would think are things that guide me now. I feel changes have been going in with me, and some things have resurfaced that I had forgotten.

And of course the music of the movie is fantastic! Music in general will always remind me of Chief.

I hope that Chief and my dad are having a blast. I'll try not to let you all down. And Chief, find Hawk for me. Help him wherever he is.

Farmer Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment