Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Samantha Sang: Emotion

Its amazing what you remember when you hear an old song; Emotion by Samantha Sang.

This is one of those disco/70s song that I love. Well at Kemper I had the album-Yes a vinyl record. The cover was a picture of Samantha Sang looking good. Well a friend from way south of the border, I can't remember if Gomez-diaz was from Guatemala or Honduras. In any case, Gomez was one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He wanted the album. I am not sure if it was for the music or the picture. I think I may have sold it to him for $10 and a poster.

I had that poster for a long time after that, but eventually it went away also. The poster would be considered a motivational one; I can't describe it nor can I tell you the exact wording. But the memory of that poster, the memory of my friend and that whole transaction all come back when I hear that song. It was a time of my life that I never forget, nor want to. It sustains me through the crazy and hectic days of the here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment