Thursday, October 31, 2013

More than 30 years and a lifetime ago.

While at Kemper, in my officer years, I had access to my car. Since I knew many of the young teenagers in Boonville, and my reputation was solid (in that I could be trusted) I would haul them around. These were my 'little sisters' and I figured having me around kept some of the guys in check. 

Anyways, there was this diner; I remember going there for breakfast on the weekends. I also remember there was a waitress, cute, who I would playful give a hard time too. I guess I was flirting with her, but didn't think too much of it until one day, when I was riding with a friend and they got out to talk to some people. One of them was this girl. She leaned and looked at me and I looked back and we both said "YOU!"

She got in and we talked for a while. It was like out of a movie. I wish I had flirted more with her as she was cute. Found out later she was the daughter of the owner of the diner. 

Still, it's a memory that makes me smile. Both of the time in my life and of the girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment