Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 189 - Warehouse 13

Ok, to be honest this series should be right up my alley. Sci Fi, unknown stuff. They are trying to tout it as The X-Files for the 21st Century. So right there I was kinda leery. and of course you had to have a guy and gal agent. And the gal agent seems kinda stuck up. Then you learn she lost her partner somehow (gee, sounds like Fringe). But I watched it.

And I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Still, the premise reminds me of The Librarian, with Indiana Jones, the X-Files and Fringe. Although I do love the head curator. And there was a 'cameo' appearance (he wasn't around long enough to warrant what I would say a guest appearance, of the black actor who played the gay guy in Spin City. He was also in Hamburger Hill). Love that guy. But he went out in a "blaze" of glory. And then there was the mysterious Mrs. Dickerson. As an actress I have seen her around too. So not bad.

All in all, a nice little series. Nothing spectacular, but not bad. But I just don't think it will last long. There is Fringe, Sanctuary and others that do this kind of thing so much better. But then I could be wrong (but I don't think so). I give it 12 episodes, and a good 3.5 rating (out of 5).

No comments:

Post a Comment