Friday, March 19, 2010

Erasing David

There is actually an independent movie that I want to see: Erasing David. Basically a man decided to see if he can live off the grid and without anyone finding him for a month. Its from the UK, and its about how they are trying to find him. I have not seen it but looks interesting. I think, because the guy David seems like a typical family man, he doesn't think too far ahead. Or maybe it is that UK vs USA mentality. After watching so much tv we know that you can be traced by electronic devices, ATMs havbe cameras, there are traffic cameras, etc. So yeah getting off the beaten path is good. But on the same toke, you just don't one day wake up and say I'm off. Its about planning too. And since David is more or less probably a nice guy, he is not good at lying or deceiving people. Also, if hes lugging around camera equipment, that doesn't make you inconspicuous. And I think he was trying to live a normal life. If you are hiding, for what ever reason, normal goes out the window. I think any good survivor would probably come from the military or something like that, and no I don't mean because of survival training. But because of who he meets and stays in contact with. And, if you are trying to throw of pursuers, who you know will be coming after you; set up false trails, get rid of everything that identifies you and change your appearance. Delete and or destroy computer files that has any kind of contact info of friends that you may use. Take as much money as you can. Cache things if you can. while the movie is probably very good at showing a normal guy trying not to get caught; I think he does get caught-probably after 2 weeks to maybe 3 weeks. Its not too realistic. In Europe you need a passport to go between countries. In the US, don't need to. So the less tracking of info the better. What I'd like to see and would volunteer for would be to try and find someone over in the US. Unless there are 'rules' I think trying to track someone here would be very hard. Don't believe me? Look at all the criminals who evade capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment