Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Countdown

Watched a "House" episode and something interesting popped into my mind. What if you found out you only had 7 days to live (you find this out on a Sunday,and you will depart this earth next Sunday). What would you do?

Well, I think I would handle that news that I am leaving well. God's calling me home; I have reached the expiration date on my birth certificate. So how am I going on?

Sunday evening I'd have a great dinner with family at Shakespeare's Pizza. There really isn't good on TV, so it won't matter. Walk around Columbia. Go to all the places and get pictures taken. You know; in front of Harpos, Shakespeare's, Sub Shop, the Columns, the Tiger, etc. My reason is that when I go, want to take them with me, and anyone who wants gets copies to remember me by. Find a place to grab coffee and talk with everyone til midnight. Grab sleep from midnight til 6.

See my reason is this: I really don't want to go anywhere else as my people are here. And hopefully others will come and join me. And being surrounded by people I care about is important. Besides, after I am gone, I hope to be able to see everything. Call me conceded or just a Christian, but I think/hope/pray I am going 'up there.' So I can look down. I hope I don't have to send up a note.

In any case, why spend time to get somewhere for only a little bit when you have so little left. Like Tim McGraw, Live like you are dying.

Monday morning, have a great big breakfast. I love breakfast; sunny side up eggs, grist, bacon, coffee, milk, hash browns, etc. After breakfast on Monday morning would be reserved for getting all the arrangements out of the way.

And no, I am not thinking of checking out early. I just thought that House episode was really interesting, and how we handle death is as important as how we handle life.

More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment